The Travel Channel's "Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends" features the Seacoast; Brown names Portsmouth one of her 'Top 5 Getaways' on the Today Show
An easy daytrip. A fabulous weekend getaway. A memorable vacation.
The Seacoast is accessible by buses, planes, trains, and automobiles. Located less than one hour north of Boston, MA and one hour south of Portland, ME, the Seacoast is easy to get to - but hard to leave! Come discover what Samantha Brown loves about her native New Castle, NH, and the surrounding coast.
- Automobile - Interstate 95 and US Route 1 are an easy drive from the north and south. NH Route 101, a four-lane divided highway, provides access from the west.
- Air - Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) is located about 50 miles west of Portsmouth and offers convenient and "hassle-free" service from major US cities. Boston's Logan Airport (BOS) is about an hour south of Portsmouth, providing service from major national and international cities.
- Bus, Trolley, Limousine & Taxi - C & J offers regularly scheduled motorcoach service from Boston's Logan Airport and South Station to Portsmouth. Upon arrival at C&J's Portsmouth station, COAST trolley service is available to take visitors to downtown stops. Limousine and taxi services are also available (search for "Transportation" in our Business Directory).
- Train - Amtrak's DownEaster services are available from Boston and Portland, ME to nearby Exeter, Dover and Durham, NH.
- Boat - Marinas for docking your boat are available in Portsmouth, New Castle, Newington and Hampton, NH, as well as Kittery, ME.
The Greater Portsmouth Chamber's year-round visitor information center is conveniently located just off I-95 NH Exit 7, at 500 Market Street in Portsmouth. Our Visitor Assistants will be happy to offer suggestions, directions and information during our hours of business (M-F, 8:30am-5pm) and extended seasonal hours (Memorial Day to Columbus Day: Fridays to 7pm; Sat. & Sun. 10am-5pm). If your trip puts you into Portsmouth after business hours, you may obtain information in our foyer, open 24 hours and offering acess to our website via a computer station.