We understand how important pets are - they are part of our families too! So you don't have to leave your four-legged friends behind when you visit the Seacoast for a weekend getaway or week-long vacation. Here are some pet-friendly places to keep Sparky entertained and looking paws-itively terrific.
- Coachman Inn, Kittery, ME, ($10 per pet a night), 207-439-4434
- Enchanted Nights, Kittery, ME, (no extra charge, no size limit), 207-439-1489
- Farmstead Bed & Breakfast, Eliot, ME (no extra charge, no size limit, pets cannot be left in room alone), 207-439-3143
- Hampton Inn Portsmouth ($50 non-refundable fee, no size limit), 603-431-6111
- Holiday Inn Express, Durham, NH, ($50 non-refundable fee, no size limit, must bring crate), 603-868-1234
- Homewood Suites by Hilton, Portsmouth ($100 non-refundable fee, max. 75 lbs.), 800-225-5466
- Residence Inn by Marriott, Portsmouth at Pease International Tradeport, ($75 non-refundable fee, no size limit), 603-436-8880
- Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel (no extra charge, but must notify upon making reservation, one dog permitted up to 80 lbs., must not be left alone in room, pet sitting services available), 603-431-2300
- Wentworth by the Sea - A Marriott Hotel & Spa, New Castle, NH (one dog permitted up to 30 lbs.), 603-373-6552
Dog Off-Leashed Areas in Portsmouth:
- Haven Park (located on Pleasant Street)
- South Mill Pond area (located across the street from City Hall)
- Langdon Park (located across the street from City Hall)
- Peirce Island (located off Marcy Street on Peirce Island Road) *Please note, dogs must be on-leash at Peirce Island Playground
- Ward Park (located at the intersection of Ward Place and Middle Road, by the Lafayette School)
- Goodwin Park (located on Islington Street)
- Atlantic Heights under I-95 Bridge (located off Kearsage Way to Ranger Way)
- Great Bog (located off Buckminster Way)
*Please note: Dogs are NOT allowed in Prescott Park or at Four Tree Island.
No pooch's Portsmouth romp is complete without a visit to Canine Cupboard, Portsmouth's original boutique for dogs featuring all natural, hand made gourmet treats, premium dog & cat foods, unique toys, leashes, collars, outdoor gear and items for dogs. (Canine Cupboard, 102 State St., Portsmouth, 603-431-0082, www.caninecupboard.com)
New Hampshire S.P.C.A. (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), fights animal cruelty, hosts adoption events, a rabies clinic, Storytime with The Animals for children, and annual spring Paws Walk. (NHSPCA, Route 108, Stratham, NH, 603-772-2921, www.nhspca.org).