Free & Low-Cost Activities
Have fun for less with friends or the whole family
- Portsmouth Harbour Trail Guided Walking Tours - Learn about Portsmouth's 400 year old history in a 90 minute guided walking tour. May to October, $12 adults, $10 students/seniors, $8 children 8-14, free for kids under 8.
- Art 'Round Town' gallery walk on the first Friday of every month - FREE.
- Free brewery tours & tastings at Smuttynose Brewing Co., and Redhook Ale Brewery
- Market Square Day
- Summer in the Street
- Prescott Park Arts Festival, free (suggested donation $5-8 per person)
- Open Houses at Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse, suggested donation $2 adults, $1 children
- Free art exhibits at the Discover Portsmouth Center (May-October), and the Portsmouth Athenaeum
- Community Day at Strawbery Banke - free admission with a food item donation
- COAST Trolley just 50 cents to $1!
- Live Music at various venues, many with no cover charge (www.seacoastmusicscene.com)
- Vintage Christmas in Portsmouth, ride the free trolley (Strawbery Banke and Music Hall admission fees vary)
- USS Albacore submarine/museum, admission $5 or less
- Scarecrow viewing: throughout the month of October, visitors will see towering scarecrows and festive harvest decorations throughout Portsmouth as part of Scarecrows of the Port
- The Tall Ships visit Portsmouth every summer, dates vary. FREE Tall Ships Parade.
- Historic Forts to explore: Fort Constitution and Fort Stark in New Castle, NH; Fort McClary in Kittery, ME
- Kittery Trading Post's Septemberfest