February 13- 17, 2014
A winter festival celebrating Valentine's & President's Day Weekend and Winter in Portsmouth!
Family Fun, specials in stores and restaurants, performing arts and evening entertainment.
Ice Bars * Fire Pits * Hearth Cooking * Dog Sled Rides * Wood Fire Grilled Food * Ice Sculptures * Winter Movies * Music
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
NOTE: Portsmouth Gas Light Ice Fest time change: Fest will run from 3:00 to 9:00 today, Saturday, because of the FESTIVE snow we expect to receive later today.
Saturday February 15
Flowers of Winter Exhibit. Beginning at 11am with speaker David Park Curry. Discover Portsmouth Center. Family friendly event.
NHPTV Presents Winter films at the Seacoast Repertory Theater. Throughout the day, the Rep will be playing winter themed shows and short films from NHPTV. This event is free to the public and is Family Friendly.
New Product Sampling at Stonewall Kitchen, Pleasant Street, Noon to 3:00 p.m. Stop by for an afternoon of New Product Sampling! Enjoy small bites featuring some of our new pastas and sauces, enter to win a raffle basket full of new products and much more! You’ll love the “fiery” kick our new Fra Diavolo sauce has. While supplies last. This event is free to the public and family friendly.
Fire & Ice Fest Bar Crawl & Cocktail Competition, sponsored by Pine State Beverage. 2:00 -6:00 p.m. Sample and vote for your favorite Fire & Ice cocktail! Start at Rudi’s Portsmouth Restaurant, Congress Street, between 2:00 -3:00 p.m. to purchase ballots and receive your wristband, which is your ticket for the cocktail samples. $10 per person, must be 21 years of age or older to participate. Wristbands sold at the Seacoast Repertory Theater from 3:00 - 5:00. Participating restaurants and bars: Rudi's, River House, Upstairs at Massimo's, Seacoast Repertory Theater, The Music Hall Loft, Martingale Wharf, Blue Mermaid, and Portsmouth Gas Light . Enjoy your last sample at 5:00 at the Gas Light, and stay for the ballot counts and awards at the Gas light from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Portsmouth Gas Light Company Ice Fest. Beginning at 3pm, there will be three ice bars, fire pits, ice luges, wood fire-grilled food and ice sculptures. Beverages are sponsored by Southern Wine and Spirits and New Hampshire Distributors.
Winter Night at Pitt Tavern, 6:30 to 9:30pm at Strawbery Banke Museum celebrates President’s Day Weekend in a manner George Washington would have recognized when he visited the Tavern in 1789. Live acoustic music, beer specially brewed for Strawbery Banke by the Portsmouth Brewing Company and tavern food prepared by The White Apron Café at Strawbery Banke. $25 per person.
Sunday February 16
Dog Sled Rides at Strawbery Banke from 10am-4pm. Seal Cove Journeys Dog Sledding will be providing dog sled rides to the public ($20 for up to three children, or max 300 pounds per ride) on Puddle Dock at Strawbery Banke. Free demonstration of miniature portrait painting, recreating the traditional oil-on-copper style popular in the eras of Presidents Washington and Lincoln, presented by Strawbery Banke artist-in-residence Alan Ammann in the Tyco Visitors Center. 603-433-1100. This is a Family Friendly event.
President's Day Weekend Sale in the Museum Store at Strawbery Banke. 43 Atkinson Street, Portsmouth. Free admission. 10-4. 603-433-1114. This is a Family Friendly event.
Performances by Patrick Dorow Productions at the Player’s Ring from 12-6pm. The Player’s Ring will also be providing warm beverages for anyone enjoying the festival who need to warm up! This is a free event to the public.
Portsmouth Gas Light Company Ice Fest. Beginning at 12pm, there will be three ice bars, fire pits, ice luges, wood fire grilled food and ice sculptures. Beverages are sponsored by Southern Wine and Spirits and New Hampshire Distributors.
Fire and Ice Themed Pecha Kucha. Doors open at 6pm and presentations will begin at 7pm at the Portsmouth Gas Light Company in the Third Floor Night Club. During a Pecha Kucha night, presenters are asked to bring 20 slides related to the night’s theme but are only given 20 seconds to explain each one. The Gas Light will have the bar open and a limited menu available to guests.
FIRE & ICE FESTIVAL SHOPPING SPECIALS THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND!
- A&C Outfitters, Daniel Street - Friday through Sunday offering a Layer Up Against the Icy Cold SALE!! 20% off select products. Warming station Sat. & Sun. with a hot chocolate station and butterscotch and peppermint mix-ins.
- Celtic Crossing - Friday, serving morning mimosas (ice) and afternoon Irish coffee (fire).
- City Shoes - February Moving Sale!
- Ingather for the home - Visit this shop Thursday 10-5, Friday 10-5, Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 11-4 to enter to win a pearl necklace valued at $160!
- J. L. Coombs - Fire & Ice Specials
- Kilwins Portsmouth - ICE cream and HOT chocolate SALE
- Pickwick's Mercantile - 20% off of candles and matches (Fire) and 20% off of Rocking Whiskey Glasses (Ice), and will be a warming station.
- Portsmouth Spa is offering a warming station and hot drinks on Sunday.
- Puttin’ on the Glitz - Buy a HOT hat to look COOL.
- Springer’s Jewelers will raffle off a pair of .40 CTTW diamond studs set in 14k white gold, a value of $750.00! Please visit their shop to enter the drawing. They will also be a warming station on Saturday, 10 – 6 and Sunday, 12 – 4. Closed on Monday.
- Strawbery Banke Museum Store – Fire & Ice Festival 50% Off Sale, Friday - Monday, 10 - 6
- Ten Thousand Villages – Fire & Ice Specials - 25% off candles & candle holders (Portsmouth store only; not to be combined with other discounts).
- Tugboat Alley - Get fired up with 25% off all Hats, Gloves & Scarves!
THANK YOU TO OUR FIRE & ICE FESTIVAL SPONSORS!
Pine State Distributors/New Amsterdam Vodka
The Port Inn
Water Country Water Park